Friday, November 9, 2007

SEDUCED BY THE SANDWHICH

me and dan at wagamama. nikki, i give it an 8.

wagamama at low tide. just 45 minutes earlier it was packed to the brim.
so guess what i've been eating nonstop for the past four days? sandwhiches! london is obssessed with them. everywhere from marks and spencer (really fresh and yummy ones) to the little stores in the subway sell sandwhiches here. and the interesting thing is how they package and market them. they are always cut in half and put in a clear triangular container. and they are keen on letting you know that it's "fresh" and the sandwhiches are nutritious and delicious. i've reallly NEVER been a sandwhich girl myself, but it's hard not to get seduced.

my place of choice to buy them is pret-a-manger (they are litttered all over london) where i get my fave chicken and avocado on oatmeal bread with letttuce. so yummy!

and speaking of yummy food, i finally made my way to wagamama, as suggested by my girl nikki. there's one in my good, right on the river thames. the ambiance is really fun and the food is fresh, but at roughly $16 - $20 usd a plate, it's pretty pricey for my pockets. never the less, dan koday, a friend of mine from seventeen who is visiting london, and i jetted down there to check it out. i had wheat soba noodles with chicken and prawns (read: shrimps) it was tasty. my " raw" salad was pretty tasty too. i enjoyed it. won't make eating there a habit though.......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey dan! how u doing?

Stacy said...

i LOVE wagamama!! SOO delish! they're finally opening one in the States. Boston, but thats ok :o)